Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Rooster quilt placemats

Speaking of New Orleans, here is a shy hen hiding in the thicket at the city park of NOLA. The New Orleans public parks are some of the prettiest and well maintained parks that I have ever seen. Most surprisingly they host an abundance of hens, roosters, ducks, swans, and rabbits. Unfortunately, due to the frequent rain we could not get a clear picture of these animals.


However, it did inspire this blog post. The designs are from Hatched in Africa.

  
And napkins to go along. 


I fondly reminisce growing up with a small chicken coop in our dainty garden. So many memories of those carefree days have already faded, but I still remember waking up on a spring morning feeling the joy and ecstasy of holding the  just hatched tiny fuzzy balls that were chicklets in my palm.


So here is another kitchen towel with my favorite flock of birds.


This quilt project is also my first contribution to the Desi Quilters facebook group.

2 comments: