Sunday, October 23, 2011

Orange Cranberry bread and more ...

One of my most tried and true recipes is for orange cranberry bread. I've lost count of how many times I have made this bread, and every time it has been received with much enthusiasm. Last week I was invited to a garden club meeting in our neighborhood, and I decided to make this fruity treat for the wonderful ladies.
Orange cranberry bread

2 cups all-purpose flour sifted

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. baking powder

1/8 tsp. salt

1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature or oil

1 cup granulated sugar

2 Tbsp. grated orange zest

1 egg

1/2 cups chopped walnuts

1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries

1/4 cup chopped dried apple

3/4 cup orange juice

Stir flour,sugar,baking powder,baking soda and salt in a bowl.Add the dry fruits and nuts and mix.
Beat egg, stir in orange juice and oil. Mix with the dry ingredients. Pour the batter in a greased 9x5x3 baking loaf pan. Bake at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 50 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.


.Of course, no treat of mine is complete without an embroidered accompaniment.

I used a vintage design from www.daintystitches.biz for the bread bag. Although I liked the designs, it seems like the stitches are kind of loose. I am afraid that the stitches might come off after a few washes. I may try to edit the design.

The wine bottle apron is from http://www.4shared.com/photo/uAvL8HYA/wine_bottle_pattern.html with a design from ABC embroidery and SewBeautiful. Coasters are from fromtheneedleofanne.com. I decided to add the pocket to place the coasters.

The black bag with the fruit design is again one of my experiments in fancy fill design.

No comments:

Post a Comment